About the Tool Kit
The Route 30 Master Plan identified transportation improvements, land use policies, and economic development strategies to accomplish the vision. Transportation improvements are expected to include:
- Priority projects from the Conceptual Corridor Plan that was developed for the Vision Plan
- Strategies, and recommendations to promote strategies, that can further improve the capacity of the main corridor as well as local quality of life, such as interconnected, multimodal local street networks and access management policies.
Land use policies will include the development of a model corridor overlay zoning ordinance that can be incorporated into the codes of the communities along Route 30, comprehensive plan policies, and design guidelines. Economic development strategies could include strategic investments in local infrastructure, schools, businesses, and urban design. The Toolkit will summarize programs and resources the community can use to achieve the plan recommendations.
Estimated Completion: May 2008
- Congestion Management Strategies, SPC
- The Transportation and Land Use Toolkit (Pub 616), PennDOT ftp://ftp.dot.state.pa.us/public/bureaus/aviation/ToolkitFinal.pdf
- PennDOT Video Log of State Roadway System, PennDOT
- SPC Congestion Management Corridor: Allegheny County Line to Turnpike Interchange, SPC
- SPC Congestion Management Corridor: Turnpike Interchange to US 119 on Greensburg Bypass, SPC
- SPC Congestion Management Corridor: US 119 on Greensburg Bypass to Route 30 split east of Latrobe, SPC